Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ugh! Math

I passed my math class today!! I had to take Welding Math as one of my classes. Math has never been one of my strong points. I was constantly asking Michael to help me. I think he thought is was kinda cool to be able to help him mom with math. But the class is all done and now I can breathe a huge sigh of relief.
I'm learning to stick or arc weld. I fianlly got some individual instruction today and things went much better after that. Hope I get to do some more cutting next. I love to chop metal up into tiny little pieces - it is just so satisfying to have that much power. :-)
My other class is Computer Literacy. I should finish it next week. It has been a good class. I've learned how to create Excel Spreadsheets and how to do Powerpoint Presentations. Megan was cute the first time I was doing Powerpoint homework. She said, "Mom I know how to do this. Do you need any help?" Kinda freaky when you have to take a class to learn things that your young kids are learning in grade school.
There are a couple more classes I need to take and then I will get to spend the entire day welding! When I hit that point I may just drop back to 2 class periods a day so I will have more time to be a mom.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Fun stuff. I've never done power point, but I have worked with excel. Good luck!

Anna's Spot said...

I'm sure I have learned so many things from my kids, the important part is they learned so many core values from my hubby and I. I use to weld when I was aboutu 16. I wish I could still work on cars and houses like I use to. Lots somewhere deep in my memories. Like math :)
Anna