I know this isn't everyone's idea of the ideal vacation spot.....but, I had a wonderful 6 relaxing days in the thriving metropolis of Wells, Nevada. I got to visit with my parents. I had time to work on Christmas gifts for my kids. I read two entire books. I took a nice drive with my camera and took pictures. You have to agree that there is a certain beauty to the area.
I spent Thanksgiving there with my parents, my oldest sister and 2 of my brothers. My sister brought her dogs and my oldest brother brought 2 of his 3 children. We had 11 people there for the holiday. It was so good to see my family. I miss my family and wish that I could live really close to all of them so I could see them whenever I wanted.
And, while I was there I learned how to change the wipers on my van. That was the accomplishment I was proud about. :-) I did it there so my dad could help me and lo and behold, it was one of the easiest things I have done in forever. But, just that fact that I could do that for myself was a big thing to me. I am thankful for all my parents have taught me so that I can be self-sufficient.
I love my family. I enjoyed my stay in Wells (my birthplace) and I missed my kids while I was gone. It is good to be back home.
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures, beautiful post. I hope that we can get together sometime over the holidays. We love and miss you!
I wish we could have seen you while you were here! Sometimes I am way too busy for my own good. I'm glad it was a relaxing week for you.
Post a Comment